Here are some tips to make your online experience more safer.
- Have an antivirus installed on your machines. Update it regularly. Typically today’s antivirus contains other goodies like stopping adware and spyware.
- Activate your firewall . This will stop network snooping attacks.
- Do not click attachments or links from unverified sources.
- Before you click, think! It may be a social engineered link.
- Do not share your password, credit card or bank information with any program or website or people.
- Turn on incognito or private browsing if you don’t want to leave any breadcrumbs (your trail)
- Click Harvesting on Facebook makes use of something called iFrames and hence before you click the Like button on some other sites be careful. If you are using a Firefox browser install ‘NoScript’ plugin.
- When you install plugins or addons or extensions, please do not install from unverified sources.
- Run your antivirus everyday or at least three times in a week.
- Take regular backups.
- Keep yourself updated on malware news by subscribing to security sites.
- And finally, Be alert !!!
Towards a more secure world …